Our second (annual) Hunger Sleepover was a huge success.
Thank you to all staff and students who supported our recent Hunger Sleepover 2016 event. It was a huge success. Thank you to everyone who talked about it with their students. Stay tuned for our next Better World Project event.
Students raised $8,824 to help rebuild a school in Haiti (with Free The Children) and to help teens at Longfields and Ottawa (with Kids Help Phone).
Here are some more numbers and thank yous:
- 83 students participated and 73 students slept over.
- At the time of the sleepover, $8,824 was raised. (A few online donations are still coming in.) This means $4,412.32 has been raised for Free The Children and $4,412.33 for Kids Help Phone.
- Thanks to the 9 staff members / parents who slept over. (Thanks Andrea, Mike F, Caroline, Brad, Nan, Becky, Glen, Steve and parent volunteer Syeda Rizvi for sleeping over!)
- Thanks to the 20 staff and parents who helped out with the event (Thanks Darren, Souhila, Ann-Marie, Roddy, Sophie, Janet, Suzanne, admins Jenn and Mark, and parent volunteers, Christina Thiele and Susan Farrell)
- Thank you to Ambassador Frantz Liautaud, and Minister-Counsellor Ann-Kathryne Lassegue from the Embassy of the Republic of Haiti who spoke at the event, supported by other ministers and embassy staff
- Thank you to Free The Children Motivational Speaker Tristan Jones and Educational Programming Coordinator Erika Medeiros who spoke about what Free The Children is doing in Haiti.
- Thank you to Kids Help Phone Community Fundraising and Corporate Development Manager Jessica Pancoe who spoke during our Amazing Race about what Kids Help Phone does.
- Thank you to The Works BARRHAVEN for donating the cost of breakfast.
Here is the information presentation that was given to students on Thursday January 7.